7 Comments

1. Nele_K
    4/28/2017

I didn’t get the comparison between the analogue and the digital clock?What does it has to do with the other part of the story? And which words were solved?

2. 5/30/2017

Thank you for your questions! The analogy of the clock is one key to how my story tries to think differently about time, not in terms of a linear progression but a circular complex, the „reassurance of the circle“ as it says in the passage you are referring to – if that helps answer your question. This in itself is a clue about the very demand of the reader that in a story, one passage should ‚have to do with‘ another; my story thus tries to deny full comprehension as to what happens first in the story, and what last, as the subtitle suggests. The story does not have to be read in order because there is no order – I would not know myself where it began or where it started, only I know that it is peculiar enough that I of course had to write it in a particular order. I am not sure about the last part of your question?

3. Nele_K
    5/30/2017

I mean it really makes no sense. So the smell of her hair was gone, what does that stand for? Did she die? And you wrote „every word dissolved in front of his eyes“. Which words dissolved in front of him?

4. 6/5/2017

The sense-making is up to you as a reader. That the smell of her hair was gone is left open and unspecified on purpose, and as part of the overall concept of the story: The reader is required to leave out her or his conceptual expectations of linear time, causality, and the answering of questions – much as the decision of my protagonist is painful yet somehow intriguing, at least as I hope. In that sense I’d like to leave the remainder of your question unanswered too; the dissatisfaction is what the story is looking for, as with it I attempted to perform a fall into ambiguity without having to sacrifice resonance with the reader altogether.

5. *Drops Mic*
    6/12/2017

I think it is great that you leave so much up to the imagination of the reader, and it really fits the whole point and direction of the story. Any reader that needs everything spelled out for them in order to enjoy a story, should just keep watching TV and keep their brain comfortably on zero.

6. Nele_k
    6/26/2017

I guess, some people like keeping their brains comfortably on zero and out of this imagination comes the conclusion: the girl died. So chill. It is just a random story and it was just a question.

7. 6/28/2017

Maybe she died, maybe she didn’t. I don’t know about that myself either, and again, that’s the point of the story – the not-knowing. Sometimes leaving certain kinds of things open adds more to an experience than always providing closure and certainty, but you’re certainly welcome to rather care about the latter. And after all I’m always happy to receive constructive feedback.

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.